When To Choose Simple Beauty?

Embed from Getty Images

Embed from Getty Images

Hi guys! I’m back from the Thanksgiving break! I hope you also enjoyed your time off if you had any. Just as a reminder, I blog post at least twice each week with the exception of the holidays. I still post on social media every day! You can find me on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook under the same name: casualcolie. Feel free and follow for more inspiration and I’ll try to make sure and say hi! 

Welcome to the third part of the Simple Beauty Series! If you’re new here, let me share real quickly with you the rundown. This series goes into detail answering questions for the reasons I try to live with simple beauty in mind. Each post in this series answers the Five W’s — what, where, when, why, who and including the how. So far, I’ve covered the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ of simple beauty. Today I’ll be explaining the ‘when’ in ‘when to choose simple beauty?’ I’ve been having quite a bit of fun with this series and hope you guys find it helpful in any way! 

 

When to choose Simple Beauty? 

I may have already said this, but I’ve learned that applying the 80/20 rule in almost anything you do works great! It keeps you from getting caught up in the unimportant details when changing things up in life. Pertaining to living with simple beauty in mind, I like to use the 80/20 rule. This means that 80 percent of the time when I’m shopping, doing my daily skincare or makeup routine, etc. I try to find things that align with simple beauty. The other 20 percent can be used towards anything of your choice like purchasing a random lip product you’d never think of wearing but want to try out, or including a not that necessary beauty item into your regimen like a hydrating face mask, anything that is beyond the need that’ll make your beauty lifestyle more fun and mix things up every now and again! By the way, these percentages don’t need to be lived to the exact, but is an estimate to keep you on track of your goals. 

Once I keep this general rule in mind, I then find that most of my beauty products and routine align with simple beauty. I don’t have too many nonsense products I’d never use, and I’m not overwhelmed with choice in my daily routine, plus I usually will save some money in the process for other things and not just on all things beauty. I find that the 80/20 rule works best when it comes to my personal style, wellness, and many other factors in my lifestyle too. I definitely suggest that you find something that works best for you! If you don’t think the simple beauty method sounds like something for you, you can apply parts that feel more you. For example, if you’re not feeling the 80/20 rule, maybe go for a different ratio that fits for you! There’s no right or wrong to incorporating a more simple beauty routine to your lifestyle. It’s about finding what works best for you and makes you enjoy beauty! Helping you feel beautiful inside and out! 

So, when can you choose simple beauty? Whenever you want! That can be starting small today by throwing/donating beauty products you don’t use or reducing your daily beauty routine to fewer things per day so that you can spend more time on other hobbies. Anything to better adjust your life to be a better you! I personally find my beauty routine helps me start and end the day on a good note when I know I’m using products that benefit my skin or enhancing my natural beauty when it comes to makeup. 

Last note: I want to mention how simple beauty also applies to anything you define beautiful! If creating art makes you feel beautiful, do that! There are no boundaries with beauty (yes, there may be cultural beauty, but you can define beauty for yourself). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! It may not be easy to believe something is beautiful when others may not, but it doesn’t mean that it isn’t beautiful. Try and define your own beauty! For example, ever since I discovered ballet, I’ve found the style of dance so beautiful. From the workout techniques to the performances, the movements created by the body are beautiful. I used to do ballet and definitely define it as beautiful. Not only did it used to make me feel beautiful, but watching ballet is beautiful too. 

How was your Thanksgiving break? Did you go Black Friday shopping? Tell me about what your beauty routine entails at the moment? Comment below! 

Thanks, 

xoxo 

#, #, #, #, #, #, #, #, #, #, #, #